Welcome to St. Thomas Catholic School
2014 Catholic Schools Week
Our school will be celebrating Catholic Schools Week along with Natholic School Choice Week during January 26-31st. There will be a kick-off Mass on Sunday, followed by a busy week of activities. Bishop Paul Sirba will be visiting our community on Wednesday, celebrating a Mass and lunch with our school and parish community. Please watch for a schedule of activities soon!
- In 1920, Father Dwyer started to sell the idea of a parochial school to the parishioners of St. Thomas Aquinas with the hopes that a school would keep religion alive in the parish.
- The school opened in 1927 with two hundred pupils in grades one through six.
- By 1929, the school had expanded to house seventh and eight grade.
- In 1959, the Parish remodeled and built an addition onto the school.
- In 1975, Kindergarten was added and in 1978, Preschool began. St. Thomas has been accredited by MNSAA since 1995.
- St. Thomas School is a Pre kindergarten to 8th grade school. Total enrollment for 2010-2011 is 60 students.
International Falls is the largest community and the county seat of Koochiching County. It is located on the northern edge of Minnesota across the Rainy River from Fort Frances, Ontario, Canada. Major employers in the area include Boise Cascade, Public Schools, Koochiching County, Falls Memorial Hospital/Duluth Clinic, and Rainy River Community College. St. Thomas School has a positive relationship with the community. The students provide unmatched services to the area. They provide money and food for the Falls Hunger Coalition, participate in the Hospice Tree of Memories during the holiday season, visit the nursing home residents,honor our veterans on Veterans Day, participate through pen pals to keep the area "shut-ins" company, and provide Bible partners for youth and seniors.